Friday, November 27, 2009

The point of it all...

Welcome to my blog “Coupon Luv”. The point of me starting this blog is to have somewhere to chronicle many of the saving tips that I have learned from my parents over the years regarding “paying myself first”. Mostly, I want to help others out there, who like myself,want to see their money grow. I love couponing, catching sales at various stores, and anything else that will help me to save a few bucks. Not to mention I love to see my money grow.

I began to save at the age of 16. I was actually forced too by my mother. I began to work part time on the weekends at a local fast food restaurant. I remember receiving my first pay check and bringing it home to show my parents and wanting to cash it. My mother took me to open up my first savings account. I thought I was going to walk out of the bank with all of my money in hand…wishful thinking right :) My mother had me to deposit all of the funds except for $50 in my savings account. Every two weeks there after I had to continue depositing most of  my paycheck into my bank account.  At the end of the summer I was able to purchase all of my school clothes. But the best part about it all was that I still had quite a bit of money in the bank after withdrawing a substantial amount. I began to learn very early on regarding the value of money and saving.  Like many I have had my own struggles with money and still continue too at times. My goal is to gain financial freedom, and have as little debt as possible.

Just this year I started to hold myself more accountable of my spending habits. I value budgeting, and being a tight wad as some of my friends would say. I have no problem with pinching my pennies and getting the best bang for my buck. I am a strategic saver and strategic spender.

I hope that by reading my blog, you will laugh and hopefully find inspiration to “pay yourself first and save some money for yourself and your family as my father would say”.

No comments:

Post a Comment